- Line Clearance Tree Trimmers undergo a two-year apprenticeship program. As journeymen, they are professionals who possess both high levels of technical
competence and safety skills.
- ALL employees are certified in first aid and emergency response.
- Safety Committee members elected by their peers meet monthly to discuss reported near misses and select topics.
- Crew starts their day with a job-specific safety briefing, as well as during the day if conditions change.
- Monthly crew level safety meetings by selected topics.
- New employee safety orientation and assessment of competency for entry-level tasks prior to starting work.
- Supervisors perform job site safety assessments on a random basis.
SAFE BY CHOICE, NOT BY CHANCE
Our Safety Standards
Why choose Kemp West? For 35 years, Kemp West has been a trusted partner with power companies in Washington State. We provide a depth of experience.
Safety is at the forefront of all work planning and projects. Our strong safety culture is supported by a comprehensive, ongoing program. Following are aspects of our safety program, and ways that we train team members and engage with the topic of safety and create greater situational awareness:
- Annual company-wide safety day to spot light safety and bring in safety experts for intensive, hazard-specific training.
- Certified mechanics are always on call to respond to mechanical concerns.
- All aerial equipment undergoes annual, third-party safety inspections which include dielectric and load testing.
- All equipment is under the care of a fleet manager for scheduled maintenance and repair.
- All employees can report equipment and safety concerns directly to company headquarters using a cloud-based platform.
Let Us Know How We Can Help You